The City of Rockport offers once a week, curbside, single stream (i.e. you do not have to sort recyclables) residential recycling through a contract with our sanitation collection service provider, Republic Services. Beginning the week of July 10, the service changes to every other week with the implementation of automated service. The day of the week your recycling is picked up depends on your service address. >At this time the following items can be recycled:
- Any plastic with a recycling triangle
- Aluminum and other metal cans (please rinse first)
- Any paper, including catalogues, copy paper, magazines, newspaper, paperboard boxes (e.g. cereal boxes, shoe boxes) and writing paper.
- Cardboard no larger than 24 inches x 24 inches. Please breakdown boxes.
A complete list is available by visiting the Utility Services Department page. Unfortunately, at this time glass cannot be recycled because no processing facility exists in the region. Additionally, U.S. and State environmental regulations prohibit the collection of the following items:
The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality has additional information on recycling, including textiles and electronics. Please call Republic Services at (800) 640-2014 if you have further questions about the recycling program.
- Light bulbs (The Lowes store in Aransas Pass collects CFL bulbs in the customer service/returns area at the entrance to the store)
- Automotive fluids (most automotive repair shops and auto parts stores will collect some or all fluids – call ahead first)
- Batteries (Radio Shack in Rockport and Lowes in Aransas Pass collect rechargeable batteries)
- Plastic shopping bags (HEB and Walmart have collection bins at the entrances to their stores)
- Electronics, e.g. computers, televisions.
Table in English and Spanish